The second edition of the textbook is planned to become a MRW-textbook. It will be written by 150 eminent pediatricians and scientists from leading university hospitals and health centers in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Written with more than 310 chapters, the book will encompass virtually all pediatric subspecialties, covering every pediatric disease and organ system. Its strong clinical focus with a problem based approach will help practicing pediatricians, residents, medical students as well as family practitioners to manage sick children in a practical way, based on scientific evidence. Thus, it will become a valuable reference and resource for all health care practitioners dealing with pediatric patients.
- This textbook has a problem-based approach to pediatric diseases with a global appeal
- Evidence-based and supports practicing pediatricians, residents in training, medical students and family practitioners in their management of sick children
- All chapters are clinically-oriented, lavishly illustrated with more than 750 illustrations, well-structured and easy-to-read
- Difficult subjects are illustrated by representative case studies with case histories, i.e., relevant pathogenesis, differential diagnosis, treatment and outcome
- The New England Journal of Medicine and Mayo Clinic Proceedings recommend the first edition as an excellent reference and resource for pediatricians and all health care practitioners dealing with sick children
Elzouki, A.Y., Stapleton, F.B., Whitley, R.J., Oh, W., Harfi, H.A., Nazer, H.
Genetic Disorders. - Important Inborn Errors of Metabolism. - Growth and its Disorders , Development and its Disorders. – Neonatology. - Pediatric Emergencies and Critical Care. - Infectious Diseases. - Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders. - Allergic Diseases. - Pediatric Rheumatology. - Respiratory Disorders. -Fluid Therapy, Sodium Disorders and Acid-Base Disturbances. - Kidney and Urinary Tract Disorders. - Blood Diseases. - Pediatric Oncology. - Pediatric Nutrition. - Oral and Craniofacial Disorders. - Gastrointestinal and Liver Disorders. - Endocrine Disorders. - Gynecologic Disorders of Childhood. - Bone Disorders. - Pediatric Neurology. - Pediatric Cardiology. - Pediatric Ophthalmology. -Pediatric Otolaryngology. - Disorders of the Skin. - Pediatric Burns. -Learning and Behavioral Disorders, and Child Psychiatry. - Adolescent Medicine. - Pediatric Poisoning. - Reference Laboratory Values and Drug Dosages.